Sons of the Wind Farm
The Sons of the Wind Farm is situated within beautiful rolling hill valleys and includes 6 barns housing talented Schoolmasters, large indoor and outdoor arenas, a busy staff of professional horsemen, a large Baroque style home, and more. Learn more about the Sons of the Wind amenities below.
As you pass through the iron gates of Sons of the Wind Farm and take in the beauty of the stone walls, rolling hills and majestic horses there is a sense of the old world. Our European style riding school is situated in a valley on 28 acres of scenic New England rolling hills and is adjacent to 200 acres of conservation land making for a beautiful and peaceful farm. As you reach the top of the driveway you come to a large Baroque style home.
If you arrive during the daylight hours, Vitor is most likely in the barn or in the arena. On the path down the driveway toward the fountain area you can capture a magnificent view of the rolling hills and several beautiful Lusitanos either playing or grazing in the pastures.
Conveniently park in the fountain area where you’ll see a large barn, an old renovated tack shop and a former snack bar. Enjoy a walk to the snack bar and upon entering, turn right and move to the arena’s viewing area. You’ll potentially find Vitor conducting a class or practicing a routine with his Schoolmasters, a quick preview of your training for the next few days.
If Vitor is conducting a class or practicing a routine, please feel free to watch for a while and be both entertained and intrigued by the graceful movements of the Lusitanos and a rider practicing their lesson. Further, take a walk around the grounds to explore all the special features of this full working horse farm – picture perfect views, 80 stalls in 6 barns house 50 amazing well trained horses, a busy staff of professional horsemen attending to these horses with meticulous care, and all featured amenities you’ll enjoy while creating your fulfilling classical dressage experience.
- All lessons and instruction personally conducted by the Master, Vitor Silva.
- A library of approx fifty (50) horses and Schoolmasters managed and trained by Vitor Silva
- Progressive learning environment for building a good foundation of classical equestrian art.
- Professional and skilled staff for grooming and caring for your horse in clean, well maintained stables.
- A large indoor arena (178′ X 70′) with full kick boards, mirrors and is well-heated for winter instruction and training.
- Spacious viewing area annexed to the indoor arena for viewing lessons and special events.
- A former snack bar that now serves as a meeting room or an informal gathering area to discuss lessons and personal experiences with other riders and guests. This room has kitchen facilities and is adjacent to the viewing area.
- A large outdoor arena with a separate jumping area and regulation-size dressage arena (100′ X 240′).
- Each arena has full German Geo Textile (GGT) footing, and is maintained daily. GGT is a dust free footing that offers remarkable cushion and
traction, does not contain any toxic or hazardous substances and is the footing of choice by many international and prestigious dressage arenas.
- Conveniently located restrooms throughout the facilities.
- Several golf carts are available to help guests facilitate transportation needs.
- Panoramic views of the farm from many vantage points where you can enjoy the tranquil Merrimac, MA and new England countryside during all four seasons.
- Eighty matted well-ventilated stalls divided in to six separate barns with some stalls as large as 12 X 12.
- Each barn has an independent heated tack room and a grooming area.
- The facilities have a 64 foot diameter covered round pen.
- Stalls are maintained and cleaned thoroughly every day. A full time staff meticulously cleans all barn and arena areas on a regular basis, including fly control treatments.
- Six (6) horse wash bay areas.
- Twenty two (22) individual or partner Paddocks for daily turnout
- Convenient scheduling for Farm Vet and Farrier visits and consultations.
- TheraPlate™ Treatment: To help your horse with minor rehabilitation through a body vibratory system for relaxing muscles and relieving minor aches and pains. The ThereaPlate™ is also used to assist in warm-up and cool down.
- Kraft™ 6 horse walker is available for exercising your horse with controlled walking or trotting.
- Equine Treadmill
- Daily Turn Out 3-4 hrs/day (weather permitting),
- 4 Feedings per day.
- Blue Seal Feeds and Timothy Hay are our primary choices for quality and health.
- Quality supplements daily (provided by farm personnel).
- Storage area for trunks.
- Farm and management personnel are on the property 24 hrs/day, seven days/week with a security gate that is closed during the evening hours.